The Actionable Futurist® Podcast
S4 Episode 6: Muhi Majzoub from OpenText on the future of information management & cloud
March 28, 2022
The Actionable Futurist® Andrew Grill
How does a university project to index the entire Oxford English Dictionary become one of the world’s largest information management companies with revenues of over $3Bn?
To find out I spoke with Muhi Majzoub, Executive Vice President & Chief Product Officer of OpenText who leads the product development and strategy for the company as well as their transition to the cloud.
Muhi has over 30 years of experience in technology, including 10 years at OpenText, and 16 years at Oracle as VP for Engineering and Application Development. Muhi is coming to us today from California.
In this episode we covered
- OpenText's origins
- Innovations that delight
- Where do the best ideas come from?
- Sparking ideas with a distributed workforce
- Muhi's first experience of cloud computing
- OpenText's journey to the cloud
- Public vs Private Clouds
- The benefits of moving to the cloud
- Keeping the cloud secure
- Cloud technology + supply chains
- What's the future of Cloud?
- Cloud as part of the net-zero solution
- What is an API Cloud?
- The different clouds from OpenText
- How cloud has helped industries over the pandemic
- The future of information management
- 3 actionable things around moving to the cloud
More on Muhi
Muhi on Twitter
Muhi on LinkedIn
Your Host: Actionable Futurist® Andrew Grill
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit ActionableFuturist.com
follow @AndrewGrill on Twitter
or @andrew.grill on Instagram.
What are innovations that delight?
Where do the best ideas come from?
Sparking ideas with a distributed workforce
Muhi's first experience of cloud computing
OpenText's journey to the cloud
The benefits of moving to the cloud
Cloud technology + supply chains
What's the future of Cloud?
Cloud as part of the net-zero solution
The different clouds from OpenText
How cloud has helped industries over the pandemic
The future of information management
3 actionable things around moving to the cloud